Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Negligent Drivers Must Be Held Responsible
A general rule is that motorists have a duty to have their vehicles under control to avoid injury to pedestrians at all times.
It is hard to imagine a pedestrian-car accident. It is simply frightening to gauge the impact of a hard, full-metal vehicle body on a soft and fragile human body. This is exactly why there are laws and regulations designed to protect pedestrians. Vehicles have the obligation to yield and practice all necessary precautions to avoid hitting pedestrians.
Here’s a general definition of a pedestrian (involved in an accident), as provided in a Traffic Safety Fact Sheet released by the Department of Transportation in 2012: “A pedestrian is any person on foot, walking, running, jogging, hiking, sitting, or lying down who is involved in a motor vehicle traffic crash.”
Important Pedestrian Accident Statistics
A Pedestrian Safety Report, released by the CDC in 2012, provided some important statistics on pedestrian accidents:
- Fourteen percent of traffic fatalities and about 3% of those injured in traffic crashes were pedestrians
- A pedestrian is injured every seven minutes
- A pedestrian dies every two hours
- A pedestrian is one and a half times more likely than occupants of passenger vehicles to be killed in a car crash on each trip
- Nine percent of pedestrian accident injuries involved pedestrians aged 65 years and older
- Twenty percent of pedestrian accident fatalities are pedestrians aged 65 years and older
- Children aged 15 and younger accounted for 6% of all pedestrian fatalities
- Thirty-four percent of pedestrians killed suffered from alcohol intoxication
A pedestrian’s negligence does not prevent them from being awarded with financial compensation for the injuries suffered.
Hire a Lawyer Who Specializes in Pedestrian Accident Injuries
If you, a relative, or a friend were injured in a pedestrian accident, the wisest thing to do is hire a lawyer with specialist knowledge and prior experience in personal injury cases such as pedestrian accidents. Our lawyers are fully prepared to work on building and strengthening your case so you can be fully compensated for the injuries you sustained.
We know it is simply impossible to equate money with your pain and suffering, but the compensation you will receive will allow you to continue living life in the best way possible, despite the injuries.
Contact our office at (602) 560-4756 to schedule a free consultation.
Courteous, Ethical, and Relentless Representation
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Track Record Of Success
We Will Go The Extra Mile to Meet Your Needs