Vancouver Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Law Firm in British Columbia
A single accident or injury can irrevocably change your life in an instant. At Cook Law Office, PLLC, our Vancouver personal injury lawyers believe that you should not have to face the consequences of someone else’s negligence on your own—and the law is on your side.
If you suffered serious injuries or if your loved one died due to another person, company, or entity’s negligent or wrongful conduct, you could be entitled to certain benefits. By filing a personal injury claim with our lawyers, you can seek financial compensation for certain economic and non-economic losses you have endured due to your injuries, such as future care, lost income/wages, pain and suffering, and lost enjoyment of life.
This process can be extremely challenging, especially when you are focused on getting the medical care you need and healing from your injuries, but Cook Law Office, PLLC can help. From our office in Vancouver, our personal injury lawyers provide compassionate, client-focused legal services and support every step of the way. If someone else was at fault for your accident or injuries, turn to our team for dedicated legal representation. We proudly serve clients throughout the Vancouver area, including across British Columbia.
Representing Victims of Serious Motor Vehicle Accidents
Although Canada—including British Columbia—is a relatively safe place to drive, accidents can and do still happen.
At Cook Law Office, PLLC, our injury lawyers represent individuals injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents in Vancouver and the surrounding areas, including accidents involving:
- Cars and other passenger vehicles
- Rideshares, such as Uber or Lyft
- Large trucks and commercial vehicles
Our Vancouver personal injury lawyers understand Canada’s various motor vehicle accident and insurance laws and can assist you in seeking the benefits you are owed after a serious crash. Whether you were injured as the driver or occupant of a vehicle or as a pedestrian or cyclist, you have certain rights. Our team is here to protect those rights and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
What to Do After an Accident in Vancouver
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Vancouver or the nearby areas, there are several important steps you should take to protect your rights, including your right to benefits. First, however, you should know that anyone who occupies a vehicle that is licensed and insured in British Columbia is entitled to receive benefits from the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) after an accident. This no-fault system provides limited benefits to accident victims, including assistance with medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation, and disability. In addition to these benefits, you could be entitled to supplementary damages if your injuries resulted from someone else’s negligence.
If you are injured in an accident, be sure to do the following:
- See a doctor or qualified medical provider as soon as possible. Even if you believe you were not seriously injured or that your injuries will heal on their own, you should always receive a professional medical diagnosis and treatment plan after an accident. ICBC will likely fund this treatment, so do not delay in seeing your doctor right away.
- Report the accident to ICBC and make an official claim. You can do this online (click here) or by calling ICBC’s “Dial-A-Claim” number at (604) 520-8222 in the Lower Mainland or (800) 910-4222 in other areas of British Columbia.
- Once you have reported the accident to ICBC, an ICBC adjuster will investigate the accident and may offer a settlement. Keep in mind that this initial settlement offer may not be sufficient to cover your accident-related expenses; you may wish to negotiate or make a counteroffer. We recommend that you reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney who can assist you in this process.
- If you believe that ICBC has not offered a fair settlement or unfairly decided on your case after reviewing your claim, you can file an internal appeal. At this point, you should contact an attorney for assistance if you have not already done so. An attorney can help you appeal ICBC’s decision regarding liability for your accident, its settlement offer, its treatment of you and/or your claim, or its denial of your claim.
In some cases, it may not be possible to reach an agreement with ICBC. In such cases, you may file a lawsuit directly against the at-fault driver. It is important to note that ICBC’s decision regarding fault in your case is not legally binding. In other words, even if ICBC determined that the other person or party was not to blame for the accident, you could still be entitled to bring legal action against the other person or party.
One of the best things you can do after a serious accident or injury is seek the help of a skilled Vancouver personal injury lawyer. Whether you were involved in a car accident or any other type of injury-causing event, our team at Cook Law Office, PLLC is ready to advocate for you and your rights.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Today
If you believe someone else was at fault for the accident or incident that left you injured, reach out to Cook Law Office, PLLC for help with your claim. Our Vancouver personal injury attorneys can assist you in finding the best available medical care and can handle every detail of your case so that you can focus on healing and moving forward with your life.
We treat our clients like family and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Throughout the process, we will provide answers to your questions, as well as the personalized legal strategies you need to feel confident in your case. We take great pride in defending the rights of injured victims, as well as the families of those wrongfully killed, and are experienced in going up against ICBC and other large, powerful entities.
Courteous, Ethical, and Relentless Representation
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Track Record Of Success
We Will Go The Extra Mile to Meet Your Needs