Tempe Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents in Maricopa County
Motorcyclists throughout Arizona enjoy the state’s many scenic rides, but whether you ride for enjoyment or as your primary means of transportation, you are at risk any time you share the road with other motorists. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation (DOT), there were 2,676 motorcycle accidents in the state in 2019 (the latest year for which data are available), 174 of which were fatal and 2,149 of which resulted in bodily injury. More alarming still, Maricopa County was one of the most dangerous places for motorists in 2019, with nearly 75% of all motor vehicle crashes and nearly 47% of all fatal motor vehicle crashes occurring in the area.
If you or someone you love was involved in a motorcycle accident in Tempe or anywhere in Maricopa County, the team at Cook Law Office, PLLC can help you fight for fair compensation for your losses. You should not have to simply suffer the consequences of someone else’s negligence on your own; our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. We never settle cases for less than we truly believe they are worth, even when that means going to trial to represent our clients’ best interests.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving under the influence
- Unsafe left turns
- Road hazards
Learn more about how our Tempe motorcycle accident attorneys can help you with your claim; call (602) 560-4756 or contact us online to request afree, no-obligation consultation today.
Who Is at Fault in Most Motorcycle Accidents?
Although many people believe the common misconception that motorcyclists are most often to blame for crashes, we at Cook Law Office, PLLC know that it is the negligence of other motorists that causes the majority of motorcycle accidents. In fact, most motorcyclists are highly skilled, defensive drivers—but they cannot always predict the actions of other motorists or react in time to avoid a collision.
Negligent motorists frequently cause motorcycle accidents by:
- Using cell phones and/or texting while driving
- Driving while distracted
- Speeding, including driving too fast for current conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Engaging in aggressive, reckless, or road rage behaviors
- Tailgating/following too closely behind motorcyclists
- Turning across the path of oncoming motorists
- Passing unsafely or unlawfully
- Veering or drifting into a motorcyclist’s path/lane
- Merging or changing lanes unsafely
- Making unsafe left-hand or right-hand turns
- Disobeying traffic signals, stop signs, and other traffic control devices
- Driving while fatigued/falling asleep at the wheel
These and other negligent driving behaviors can be extremely dangerous or even deadly for motorcyclists. At Cook Law Office, PLLC, our Tempe motorcycle accident attorneys believe in fighting for justice and helping victims get back on their feet after serious accidents. We represent catastrophically injured motorcyclists, as well as the families of those wrongfully killed, in personal injury claims and lawsuits against negligent motorists and other at-fault parties.
How Motorcycle Accidents Are Different from Car Accidents
At first glance, personal injury cases involving motorcycle accidents and car accidents may seem the same. However, there are many unique factors that set motorcycle accident claims apart from standard car accident cases.
Some of the unique complexities involved in motorcycle accident cases include:
- Crash Severity: Motorcycle accidents are often much more severe than typical car accidents. This is because motorcycles lack the basic safety features of most standard passenger vehicles, such as heavy doors, seatbelts, and airbags. As a result, motorcyclists tend to suffer catastrophic injuries and long-lasting effects when they are involved in accidents with larger, heavier vehicles.
- Injuries and Damages: Because motorcycle accidents are often more serious than other types of motor vehicle crashes, motorcyclists also typically sustain more severe injuries, leading to a greater amount of damages. A motorcyclist who is involved in even a seemingly minor crash may be catastrophically injured and could sustain hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost wages, not to mention immense and nearly immeasurable physical pain and emotional trauma.
- Claim Value: Due to the severity of these types of crashes and the extent of victims’ injuries and damages, motorcycle accident claims tend to be relatively high in value. In other words, victims typically seek significant compensation for their losses. As a result, insurance companies are often more likely to dispute motorcycle accident claims. They may offer low settlements that do not even come close to covering the true full cost of a victim’s losses, or they may deny the claim altogether.
- Liability Disputes: Because insurance companies are heavily invested in limiting payouts, especially when it comes to high-value claims, they may dispute liability in your motorcycle accident claim. If the insurance company argues that you were partially or even mostly at fault for the crash, this could affect how much you can recover in compensation. If the insurance company tries to argue that you were fully to blame, you may be unable to file a claim without the help of an experienced and aggressive lawyer.
Because motorcycle accident claims are so complex and challenging, we strongly encourage you to reach out to a member of our legal team for the help and guidance you need. At Cook Law Office, PLLC, we have the resources to build a powerful claim on your behalf and go up against the insurance company to fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
We Are Available 24/7
Our motorcycle accident attorneys understand just how difficult it is to get back on your feet after a serious motorcycle crash. We recognize the challenges you are facing—and we are here to help you every step of the way.
When you choose Cook Law Office, PLLC, you can count on our team to be available any time you need us. We provide personalized legal assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and always keep in mind that our clients are real people facing real hardships. Because of this, we treat you like family. Our attorneys genuinely care about their clients and are prepared to do everything possible to make the process as seamless and stress-free as possible for you. We can even help you find the right medical care to ensure that you get the treatment you need to get back on your feet.
Learn more about our approach and how our team can fight for you; call our Tempe office at (602) 560-4756 or contact us online to request a complimentary case evaluation today.
Courteous, Ethical, and Relentless Representation
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Track Record Of Success
We Will Go The Extra Mile to Meet Your Needs