When the weather improves, more people turn to their bicycles to get from one place to another. It’s understandable. However, bicyclists face numerous hazards on the road. It’s vital to understand how dangers can arise and the long-term problems that can occur as a result of a severe collision.
Below, we will explain the following:
- The biggest danger for bicyclists.
- The common injuries bicycle accident victims sustain.
- The rights of victims who suffer harm as a result of these accidents.
It’s never easy to suffer a severe injury. However, you can safeguard your rights and move forward effectively with our team on your side.
For a free case evaluation, call our firm today at (602) 560-4756.
The Biggest Danger for Bicyclists
One of the most significant dangers for bicyclists is the lack of protection. While drivers have large vehicles with metal frames that minimize the impact of a collision, bicyclists don’t have the same luxury. They are exposed to the elements. It’s easy for bicyclists to suffer severe injuries when a larger vehicle crashes into them.
Bicyclists often share the road with drivers. Negligent drivers can cause some of the most severe crashes, ejecting bicyclists and causing long-term harm.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
When a bicyclist is in a crash, they can experience long-term injuries. Some of these injuries require ongoing medical care, specialized medical equipment, and more. Bicycle accident injuries can include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Even with a helmet on, bicyclists can suffer a traumatic brain injury. Even a minor TBI, such as a concussion, can cause long-term problems.
- Spine injuries: Bicyclists are subject to ejection from their bikes without a seatbelt. They can land on the road, damaging their spine and spinal cord.
- Severe fractures: The crash impact can cause severely broken bones. The bone may protrude out of the skin, leading to long-term problems in some cases.
- Friction burns: Also known as road rash, these burns occur when there’s friction between a person’s skin and a solid surface.
If you suffer any of these injuries, it’s vital to seek the compensation you deserve.
The Rights of Victims Who Suffer Harm
When you suffer injuries in a bicycle accident, it becomes imperative to understand your rights. Hiring a lawyer to help you through the process gives you the chance to pursue maximum compensation for your damages. You can seek economic and non-economic compensation, which include the following:
- Economic compensation: The money you recover for economic losses covers anything that costs you money, including medical bills, lost income if you cannot work, and more.
- Non-economic compensation: You can pursue compensation for your mental anguish after a bicycle accident. If the injury reduces your quality of life, you might be able to factor this into your losses.
Proving liability can be difficult on your own. When you need to hold negligence accountable, it helps to have legal counsel on your side as you go through the claims-filing process. Insurance companies often look for ways to minimize claims when it threatens their profits. You need someone on your side with experience who can combat their tactics and protect you.
When your rights are at stake, you can put your trust in our team at Cook Law Office, PLLC to help you.
Our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers go the extra mile when you need it most. We care about pursuing maximum compensation and justice, holding negligent parties accountable for you. It’s our ultimate priority to help you understand your options and put your needs first. You can rely on our team to be in your corner every step of the way.
For a free case review, we encourage you to call our firm at (602) 560-4756, and learn how we can help you.